Thursday 14 December 2017

Looking Back

It seems I thought that 2016 was a challenging year, but 2017 has been much more difficult. However, though I haven’t written as much as I would like, nor much of what I would like to write about, I think it is important to look back on what I have achieved. It all seems a bit of a blur, but here are some of my (and your) favourite posts from the year that was:


Sightings of the winged ones: Blessings From the Birds

An artwork I am proud of: Intaglio Etching Workshop

My guest post on Corina Duyn’s blog: Inside You There Are Worlds

Finding purpose in chronic illness: Illness is My Spiritual Path

The poem that began my exploration of poetry: There is So Much I Want to Say

Great wisdom from Jeanne Achterberg: Healing = Wholeness = Holiness

The first anniversary of Offerings from the Wellspring (Hurrah!)

A poem to release anger: Furies

My own inner wisdom: A Message to Myself

Acknowledging the potential that is always within: Immanence: A Poem

Another artwork I am proud of: Mountain Mother

A poem AND a painting: (Not) Mountain

A surge of words that became a poem: Bright With Darkness

Exploring contradictions within the reality of living with a chronic illness: Edge-Dwelling: The Liminality of Illness


Thank you to all my readers for visiting this space, for commenting, and travelling with me on my often bumpy path. I do hope I will be able to get back to writing soon, and that next year will be bigger, better, and even more creative.

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea - to recognize what you HAVE achieved this year!
    Sending love this Solstice/Christmas season, and hoping 2018 is a MUCH better year xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire. I hope you have a wonderful wintery solstice and Christmas, in contrast to the heat down here.

      Changes are coming for me in 2018, and I hope to do my best to make the most of them.

      Delete
  2. 2017 was a hard year for many, i think...here's hoping that 2018 is better for you and for all beings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.