Thursday 1 June 2017

Winter Warmth

The violets have been blooming again, and, as I did last spring, I’ve been drinking violet tea for its cleansing benefits, not just to help rid my body of a cold, but also as a way to mark the movement from one season to the next. Autumn has flown by much faster than I thought it would, ending with a blaze of leaves, and we’ve just crossed the threshold into the dark time of winter. 


The seasons sometimes take me by surprise. After all, the winter solstice is only three weeks away! As usual, I don’t feel ready. I’m always a little behind the seasonal cycles, though the deepest, coldest parts of winter tend to come well after the solstice, so I needn't worry too much. There is still a whole winter ahead, and I am very much looking forward to it. 

There is something about the cold weather which is invigorating, and I hope I will be able to get out into it more often, to walk, to take photos, to be swept clean by the wind. 

Due to the cold which has slowed me down over the last two weeks, I don’t have much to say today. Only that, despite my lack of writing over recent months, I have still been busy. My latest knitting project has been completed, just in time to provide me with the winter warmth I need.

In addition, I have begun writing more again, and next week I will share a rather long, rambling essay about connection. Meanwhile, there are other ideas a-brewing, which I hope will get turned into words one of these days. And as always, I have far too many books to read. All in all, things could be worse. I am counting my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.