Saturday 11 March 2023

In the Flow

I’m currently writing a very long analysis of a controversial-but-should-not-be-controversial subject that has been weighing heavily on me for several years, which I intend to share in due course. (Then, I hope, I can get back to making art.)

Since I’ve not been able to write much at all for a long time, usually getting stuck after just a few paragraphs, even sentences, that I’ve been able to do this is something of a miracle. No doubt it is the result of an adrenalin surge that I will have to pay for later, but right now I am feeling vitalised, and wilder and more myself than I have in simply ages, perhaps because I am finally uncensoring myself and letting ideas flow naturally. Connections are being made, and years of reading and thinking and figuring things out are coming to fruition. It’s a relief, and also hugely rewarding.

I can also feel the season changing, which feels enlivening. Summer is my most difficult time of year, and this one was more difficult than usual, so though I do hope the warm, sunny weather will continue for a while yet (after three straight years of la Niña rain!), and I am already missing the light evenings, I’m also feeling drawn to autumnal thoughts, welcoming the night earlier, and waking to a morning chill. Cardigan weather is coming, for which I am bittersweetly grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.