Thursday 6 September 2018

Heroines

I am so pleased, proud and excited to announce that one of my short stories has just been published in this beautiful anthology of writing by women: Heroines

Published by The Neo Perennial Press, it features stories and poetry that reimagine the heroines of legend, fairytale, and mythology.

My own story, The Fisherman and the Cormorant, was inspired by the tale of transformation and curse-breaking, The Wild Swans, but has been turned upside down, in more ways than one—featuring a transformed woman (rather than the brothers of the original tale), a shining black cormorant rather than white swans, an Australian lakeside setting, and … well, you will just have to read it to find out.

This anthology is a women-made thing of beauty. I can’t wait to dive into reading it!

It can be purchased from The Neo Perennial Press here(Note: Orders are for Australia only at this point, though I believe that international orders will be possible in the coming weeks. In the meantime, if you wish to order from overseas, please make a direct enquiry.)


6 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.