Thursday 15 November 2018

A New Language: A Poem

I am back from my writing adventures both exhausted and energised, and trying to find some balance between those two feelings … and, I’m sorry to say, not having much success. Exhaustion is beginning to defeat me, so I think I need to disappear for a while in order to recover fully. Hence, this week I am just stopping by to share something that was on my mind in the days before Writing the Wild Soul began. This is something I will try to elaborate on in future posts.

A New Language

Perhaps finding a new language is our 
only hope. Perhaps we should listen more 
than we speak, these words merely clumsy 
ciphers, trying to say what cannot fully be 
said. Can a word, spoken as an incantation 
provoke a feeling that cradles a meaning? 
Can feeling, sensation, bring us back to the 
Real so that we return to understanding, to 
humility? For we are beings of dirt, of earth 
and no other place. We’d best look down, at the 
ground, and down into the being of our bodies
just as the stars look down on us

4 comments:

  1. yes, a new language! or perhaps, a new absence of language...a soft and listening silence for a change.

    i hope that you find some rest this week and integration of new ideas may happen in that space. sometimes it is smartest---even necessary---just to put the tools down and take a break from thinking and doing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes. I do need some rest and silence to integrate all of the many ideas and words that have been with me over the past few weeks. Though I think it is also time I faced my doubts and fears and began a return to art practice. Images are calling.

      Delete
  2. I hope you recover well and beautifully in your gentle quiet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.