Monday 31 October 2022

My Devotion is to Her: A Poem

My devotion is to Her.

My thoughts turn towards Her.

I listen to what She has to tell me.


My silent singing devotion, my poetry, is dedicated to Her.


I ask that She blesses and comforts me in my time of need.

I ask for Her benevolence, generosity, and fierceness.

 

Gifted with strength I will overcome this dullness, 

And transform in the womb of my pain.


My own blood rebirths me each month.

I honour it as a sign of Her hand upon me, 

Her heart beating next to mine. 


This devotion grows stronger in me, 

as I trust in the process of psychic death, 

as I welcome change, and accept the fickleness 

of my own internal weather.

Please, Mother, send me a dream to send me on my way. 

Send me blessings from the darkness.


(Reworked from text, October 2018)


Nectarine blossoms with bee, August 2017

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.