Tuesday 30 April 2019

An Ode to Brain Fog

I can’t remember where I put my mind 
what thought I was last thinking 
left unfinished, open-ended 
dangling 
over the edge of 
nothing

I can’t remember what it feels like to be 
fully awake and alive 
knowing there is a path to follow 
scattered with experiences and emotions

There are a great many things I can’t recall 
or just don’t care to acknowledge at all


The spark’s gone out and I can’t see a thing
My life’s gone dim and I don’t know when I’ll live again

But life’s a funny thing for it just keeps going 
even when the going’s rough 
because at the core of it there is 

something

(A little seed of defiance?)


There must be a reason for this fog 
for the dimming of mind 
for the enclosure of self into 
a small space 
all fuzzy round the edges


I don’t understand 
but I let things be

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.