Friday 22 January 2021

Connecting with Cycles

This is a study made in preparation for a larger work, complete with wonky moons and spirals. But then, I am a bit wonky myself. 

Summer is not an easy season to move through, and my energy levels have been low, so it feels good just to complete something, however wobbly it is.


Progress in my studio is slow and sporadic at present, but there are ideas a-brewing. I have also set up an artist page on Facebook, to keep things a little more seperate from my personal profile. You can follow me there if you feel so inclined.


I don’t know precisely what I want to do with my art, seeing as illness keeps me regularly fluctuating between enthusiasm and apathy, but I think it is good to be taking tiny steps towards whatever growth and change may occur.


Connecting with Cycles, felt tip pen, ink and gold paint on paper (2021)

2 comments:

  1. nice design! i don't notice---or mind---wonkiness, myself.

    it would translate very well to tiles, tee shirts, and printing on various things. not at all implying that art should be commercial, just that it is a versatile design replicable in a variety of media. even a carved version highlighted with silver or gold on wood would work...

    i am not a summer person, either. give me winter and cold any day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, I'm enjoying creating designs with symmetry and flow, and it could be used in different ways—but I hope this will work as the central design of a larger painting, if I can pull it off. Back into the studio I go!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.